[ic] new discounting scheme

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 19 17:54:00 2003

> I think I'm going to take my discount scheme a different
> direction.  Could I
> have a second price field in the database for "members"?  How
> would I get IC
> to use this alternate price field only for those who qualify?

This is already built in. What version of IC are you using?

Below is a snippit from the 4.9.8 catalog.cfg, which should explain itself.

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net

# Pricing setup
#
# If the user is logged in and is marked as a "dealer" (1 in the dealer
# field in the userdb database) then they are given quantity discounts
# based on price groups. (All products are in price group 1 as
# distributed.) If the quantity is 1, then pricing comes from the
# "wholesale" field in the products database.

AutoModifier pricing:price_group

#
# If the user is not a dealer (or not logged in) then pricing just comes
# from "price". Any quantity discounts will be set in the qN fields in the
# database, and are separate from dealer quantity discounts.
#

Profile dealer <<EOR
{
	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,

		pricing:w5,w10:,
		;:wholesale,
		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
		;$,
		==:options
EOF
	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR

Profile distributor <<EOR
{
	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,

		pricing:w5,w10:,
		;:wholesale,
		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
		;$,
		==:options,
		-10%
EOF
	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR

## This should match the default direct setting below this paragraph
Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:price_group,q5,q10 :sale_price,
;:price, ;$, ==:options"
Profile default NonTaxableField
Profile default PriceField 0

CommonAdjust   pricing:price_group,q5,q10 :sale_price, ;:price, ;$,
==:options
PriceField     0