[ic] I apologize for this being so basic

Scott Goodman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 20 14:51:01 2003

Geoff Staples wrote:

>We are new to Interchange and I am having a basic problem. I can't seem to find any resources for getting questions answered that are also fully searchable so that I'm not bugging people with questions that have been answered a zillion times. Is there a bulletin board anywhere or is this mail list the only option?

I've found this to be very helpful myself:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/.  I usually find what I need by
searching or posting to the list.

>1. How do I set up attributes such as color or size for inventory items?

I have yet to use these features in interchange. Sorry, can't help you
here.

>2. Where is the integration point for a custom payment processor? For example, I have customers who need PayPal IPN, PayPal subscriptions, Echo, recording of credit card information for batch processing, and several other requirements. I've found the place in the administration area where you can specify parameters for credit card processing. But, I don't see how to add my own payment processing module.

I've implmented a couple of custom payment modules. I started by basing
the new module on one of the existing modules in
<icroot>/lib/Vend/Payment. You then add this to interchange.cfg and restart:

Require module Vend::Payment::YourModule

Both the payment processors I used supplied perl APIs. Its usually
pretty straightforward to implement.  logDebug is helpful when messing
with new payment modules.

Regards,
Scott