[ic] Databases and Fly Pages

Chris Wenham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 23 15:21:00 2003

On Monday 23 June 2003 02:45 pm, Rick Bragg wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Does anyone know of any good documentation about Interchange and
> Databases?

 I often make a beeline to the "static" documentation here:

 http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/dev-4.8/index.html

 This one in particular covers the use of multiple tables for products on
flypages:

 http://www.icdevgroup.org/doc-4.8/icdatabase.txt

 There's also the RTFM site at http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/ which has an
archived posting from Mike about the use of tables with identical names from
different databases, and that might be related to what you're doing.
 The RTFM also has some howtos and other "interesting postings" that show cool
stuff, but not much that's beyond Interchange's original scope as a shopping
cart. I've done a few interesting things with Interchange, though, such as
content management, backlinking, classified ad boards, and membership
systems.

 I had a hard time figuring out how to make Interchange pay attention to
anything other than the products table when I started out, myself.

Regards,

Chris Wenham
http://www.synesmedia.com/
Custom programming and Interchange consulting