[ic] Databases and Fly Pages

Rick Bragg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 23 18:00:01 2003

Philip Alves wrote:
>>Hi List,
>>
>>Does anyone know of any good documentation about Interchange and
>>Databases?  It sounds ridiculous, but I can't seem to get a simple
>>database (other than the products database) to use a fly page.  I have
>>read about the ProductFiles directive, and everything that I could find
>>in the official documentation, and It seems that the subject of
>>databases (as many others) is not very clear or detailed. In fact I'm
>>trying to do many other things with Interchange like Calendars, RSS news
>>feeds, Ebay management, and other database management tasks, and most of
>>the documentation is about the products database, and the checkout...
>>Does anyone know If there are any samples of cool stuff done with
>>Interchange? I feel like I am re-inventing everything that I can do very
>>easily with PostNuke...
>>
>>Thanks
>>Rick
>

> Hi Rick,
>
> This is easy enough to do.  Check out Section 5 (The Search Engine),
> especially 5.10 and 5.11 at
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/rtfm_icdatabase.html.  mv_search_file
> and mv_search_page should be of interest to you.
>
> Also check out http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/rtfm_ictags.html and
> look for fly-list.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the info, I have been through all that, but I still can't
tell interchange that my other database tabe is a products file too!
I can search this other table with forms, and results style pages no
problem (not a fly page) but I can't call the products in my "other"
table like this:
www.mydom.dom/cgi/interch/0002.html. I always get "page not found" and
no errors in the catalog, or interchange error log.

Also, I need to prefix in the "sku" of the products in this other
database. Somthing like "otherdb_" so that the sku for this other
products database looks like this "otherdb_00001" but I can't see were
there is documentation about that ether.

Thanks
Rick