[ic] Static pages to boost performance

Jonathan Melhuish interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 24 12:07:00 2003

On Tuesday 24 June 2003 13:35, Steve wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2003 02:36, Steve wrote:
> > Do your expire the old sessions?
> > http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/doc/wiki/AdvExpiringSessions.html
> >
> > This can be a big drag on interchange if there are too many....
>
> Thanks for the tip.  I put the following in my crontab, as I use the
> default
>
> DBM database at the moment:
> >>  40 4 * * *    perl /usr/local/interchange/bin/expireall -r
>
> Did you look in your tmp directory to see if you are accumulating temporary
> scratch vars?

How would I tell if I was?

> Boost up your ram to 1 gig if possible, although it might be more
> advantageous to put the money in a new pc. 128mb is not really enough.

Unfortunately I took out a 3 year lease, so I'm pretty much stuck with this
system spec - plus my client, understandably, doesn't want to pile yet more
money into a new server when he isn't seeing much return from the existing
one!

So is anybody going to tell me how to make a static version of my site, or
not?  If not, I shall have to bodge something up myself :-P

I can probably manage something with wget, but I'm not sure what will happen
to the session ID.  For instance, if a user adds an item to the basket, and
then browses around for another, what would happen?  Would their session ID
(and basket) be lost?

TIA,

Jon
PS:  Sorry about the sig, I'll try to remember to switch PGP off...