[ic] PreFork Yes causing strange results

Bill Carr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 25 12:39:04 2003

IC 4.9.8, Perl 5.6.1, Debian 3.0, LVS DR

I have a user tag called image. It predates the IC tag of the same name.
Anyway, it's job is to look into a database table and figure out an
appropriate HTML image tag to return for a given thingy. Usually the
thingy is an item but it could be a brand or something else. If I run
with PreFork Yes I do not get any images or error messages. If I run
with PreFork No the tag works as expected. How do I begin to debug this?

What is wrong with me that I can not get PreFork to work? My apache
bench scores are 10x faster with PreFork Yes but I just can not get it
to work for me. Are others having problems with PreFork?

I am using the straight RPC mode settings from IC 4.9.8.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact