[ic] Shipping Method Problem - please read.

Greg O'Brien interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 25 13:00:00 2003

Good Day ....

I'm sending this e-mail out in hopes of getting an answer to a problem we are currently having with our Interchange v4.8 store.

Recently the hard drive on the company's web server went "south" and the OS (OpenBSD) as well as interchange had to be re-installed.  We pulled an old backup of the store and put it on the server.  Everything is working correctly except for one thing.

And that is ....

You can not select a shipping method (UPS Ground, 2nd day, etc) for orders that originate from the United States.
There is nothing contained in the drop down box for "shipping method"

If you switch to Canada or another country you can select shipping methods from the drop down box, but then, when you try to actually place the order (for Canada or another country), the order form is re-displayed to you with the message "Nothing to ship" in it.

If you try and finalize the order (originating from the US) you get the order form again, and it wants you to select a shipping method, but you can't (as mentioned above) because there is nothing contained in the drop down box for shipping methods.

I have looked through directory for all of the .txt and .asc files and as far as I can see everything is there for UPS rates for the US and Canada, and international.

For a better example, you can go to   http://store.learningservicesinc.com

And select any product and try to place an order via p.o. (the problem happens with both p.o.'s and credit cards)
You'll see what I am talking about .......

If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts, or comments, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you .....

Greg O'Brien
ECSI / LSI - Chief Network Engineer
gobrien@ecs-lsi.com