[ic] edit mv metadata will produce PEOS

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 25 14:12:00 2003

At this moment I had edited on both the demo.icdevgroup.org and my
servers metadata through the UI. I wanted to add sale_price to the data
that is shown in the price tab.

I am running yesterdays nightly build. I was able to reproduce this on
the demo sight at the very moment.

I went to the items section in konquer (still can't use mozilla). Went
selected a item and chose meta on the price. I then chose standard view
and added the lookup for sale_price.

Went to edit item and server gives Premature end of
script.
IC logs show:
asc8-grr-ip016.wmis.net WT4UkXNC:wmis.net - [25/June/2003:13:48:16
-0400] bl /bl/admin/item_edit.html Runtime error: Can't use string
("price") as a HASH ref
while "strict refs" in use at /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/Editor.pm
line 3340.>

Not sure where this came from but this was an upgrade from 4.9.7
nightlies to 4.9.8 nightly

So in fact this error prevents you from editing the product item at all.
If you remove the additions the error still exists.

This can be reproduced on the demo leads me to believe this is not a
local issue.

I am not sure what the UI meta editor would change that would produce
such an error that you can't even go back.

Just a heads up for anyone else has run into the problem.

--
Philip S. Hempel

Give a man a fish and he will feed himself for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will feed himself for a lifetime.

http://linuxhardcore.com/