[ic] Vend/Payment sometimes fails to get response from Authorize.Net

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 25 14:23:00 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 14:04, Chris Wenham wrote:
>  I'm having a problem with false negatives on credit card transactions.
>  I have a site (http://www.thelpa.com) that uses Authorize.Net to process
> credit cards, but some transactions fail because Vend/Payment.pm doesn't get
> the response from Authorize.Net indicating success. Interchange reports a
> failure to the user, who tries again.
>  Meanwhile, Authorize.Net believes it completed the transaction successfully
> on the fist try, and when it sees the customer's second try it fails with a
> "duplicate transaction" error.
>
>  The success of the transaction from Authorize.Net's point of view indicates
> there are no problems with the customer's data entry, so I looked at
> debugging traces from Payment.pm and Authorizenet.pm. Here's what comes back
> on the false negatives.
>
> Vend::Payment:debug: received Net::SSLeay header:
> Vend::Payment:debug: returning thing: {'result_page' => "",'header_string' =>
> "",'status_line' => "",}
> Vend::Payment:debug:
> authorizenet page:  response:
>
> Vend::Payment:debug: authorizenet response_reason_text= response_code:
>
>  A normal response--even for a denied transaction--should be chock full of
> header and document data, but all the variables are blank
>
>  I don't know how to tell if the problem is mine or Authorize.Net. Can someone
> help me figure out what's going on, or how to fix it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Wenham

I had the exact error and situation occur the other day. The customer
called in and stated that the system (IC) actually told them the
transaction was denied and wondered why. In 4.9.7 IC actually produced a
new order number when the user submitted a second time it went through
(no dupe order but should have been).

I am not even sure my self what caused the error, but for some reason at
the same time this occurred the logs had errors in it stating it could
not speak with the sql server. After a restart on IC all was well.

This was weird and thought it to be a isolated incident, like one of
those problems the only way to produce is if your hair was suddenly
orange, you have to stand on one toe and put your finger into a light
socket and finally your name has to be Velcarcha Domanta. OH Well I was
wrong.

Later
--
Philip S. Hempel

Give a man a fish and he will feed himself for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will feed himself for a lifetime.

http://linuxhardcore.com/