[ic] Vend/Payment sometimes fails to get response from Authorize.Net

Chris Wenham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 25 22:16:00 2003

On Wednesday 25 June 2003 16:04, Chris Wenham wrote:
> > I've had this occur on one of my clients' sites as well (4.9.7).
> >  Thinking it might have been a problem relating to PreFork mode, we moved
> > back to HIGH mode and enabled some debugging code (to alert us when IC
> > gets a blank response).  However, we haven't been able to get it to occur
> > ever since. What traffic modes are you two running?
>
>  I'd been running in "low" mode. I just switched to High and I'm going to
> see what happens.

 It's been running in 'high' traffic mode for a while and the problems are
still occuring.

 I think that if Authorize.net is getting a request and successfully
processing it, then there shouldn't be any reason why Interchange can't get
the result: the socket should still be open, Interchange/Net::SSLeay should
hang for a few seconds if the network is slow, but it shouldn't fail as
quickly as it does (within a second).

 Sumfin screwey is going on around here.

Regards,

Chris Wenham