[ic] Free Shipping workaround

Mon Jun 30 02:38:00 2003

Quoting David Work (dwork@oip.net):
> There's a bug regarding free shipping (Will Call) that's been
> frustrating me because many of our carts will be for brick & mortar
> local businesses doing business locally.
>
> I added "WCPU" (Will Call) as a shipping method, specified it to
> allow ZERO, and made it the default shipping method. When an
> order is placed, IC calculates the initial shipping correctly, but
> leaves it out of the shipping method drop down menu (the one with
> calculated shipping $).
>
> This bug has been reported several times for over a year, but
> hasn't been fixed in version 4.9.8 unless I'm missing something.

It was never a bug that I know of. I will admit that itt escapes people
that you need to set a "free => 'Free'" parameter.

You might check out the "mike" demo which illustrates a free_or_upsg
mode which shows up quite nicely. As should any which include the proper
parameter in shipping.asc.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown