[ic] Sort results by prod_group and category

mike karthauser interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 3 13:37:01 2003

I've been looking at
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut14%2e05

Which is about Sorting the product list, to find out how to order up the
results from my search.

1. Currently if I search on prod_group I get my results back in no
particular order. I'm looking to get back my results ordered by category.

2. If I search on a category - I want to return just the results from that
category within the prod_group - rather than just matching the name as ATM
if we search in soldering > accessory we get results back from desoldering >
accessory etc.

Anyone got any good documentation regarding searching and how I can achieve
this search string. The 'sorting the product list' has some basic search
criteria and the search builder is handy but doesnąt give me a key for what
the parameters mean. I have yet to find what would simply be ORDER BY
category if this was SQL.
--
Mike Karthauser
Managing Director - Brightstorm Ltd