[ic] Coordinated Search Problem

Thomas J.M. Burton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 3 18:46:01 2003

Hello IC Users,

I have the following search link (broken up here for ease of reading):

http://www.harlequinbeads.com/cgi-bin/beads/scan
    /st=sql
    /co=yes
    /ac=1
    /fi=auscrystal
    /sf=shape
    /em=1
    /se=bicone%20(5301)
    /sf=size
    /em=1
    /se=4mm
    /rf=code,price,weight,soldby,qty,size,color,finish,style,shape
    /tf=finish,size,color
    /ml=20
    /sp=results-list
    /va=cat=auscrystal
    /va=testfmt=1

This should be searching the auscrystal table for items that have
"bicone (5301)" in the shape field and "4mm" in the size field. There
should be 136 items in the results, but I get 0.

I have a working search link for items with a shape of "bicone (5301)",
and can get the above to work if I change the searchspec for the shape
field to "(5301)" or "bicone", but not with "bicone (5301)" in a
coordinated search. I've also tried it without the parentheses and that
doesn't work either. My attempts have used various combinations of
ac=1, em=1, and su=1, all without luck in this circumstance.

The catalog is running on Interchange 4.8.6.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas J.M. Burton