[ic] 4.8.7 problem: Interchange not configured, no interchange.cfg (?)

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 4 02:04:00 2003

I upgraded from 4.8.6 to 4.8.7 and now when I try to start or restart
interchange I get:

---
# bin/restart
The Interchange server was not running
(/home/interchange/interchange.pid).
Interchange not configured, no interchange.cfg.

Interchange not configured, no interchange.cfg.

---

However, interchange.cfg *is* there and even if I chmod 777 it isn't
recognized.  Tried cp interchange.cfg.dist interchange.cfg also but to no
avail.  All files are owned by the interchange user.  I went back to the
old 4.8.6 and it works again.  Here are some of the parameters of my system:

RedHat 7.3, i686
Perl 5.6.1
mysql 3.23.54

Any ideas?