[ic] data input

Joe D. Trent interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 4 17:47:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kerry Blalock" <kerryb@basicq.com>

> I have the foundation store setup and have been playing with it the last
> week. Is there documentation somewhere on actually using interchange as
> far as populating the *.txt files? I have tried the admin, table download
> & upload function with mixed results. I open in open-office using csv, and
> save with filters using tab delimiter, and deleting the " delimiter. Some
> trys have worked ok, while some seem to break how interchange displays
> images, and pricing. I also have tried using vi, but I am not comfortable
> with how it looks, and how it saves. ie delimiters.
>
> I have all the docs I could find on interchange, such as the foundation
> demo, database, getting started, and a couple of others. These seem
> designed more for making internal changes in interchange, not just getting
> data and images into the files.
>
> Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
>
> Kerry

Kerry,

I use the setup you described (openoffice, csv, tab delimiter, delete the
quote mark). It works fine for me, but I do a "save as" and repeat the steps
(edit filter settings) every time I save the file. I have forgotten to do
that and just clicked the save icon after the initial save and it broke the
rebuild on restart of Interchange.

I did have some problems with quote marks (inches) within the field being
displayed as odd characters, so now spell out the word inches. Might be
something like that?

Joe D. Trent
Bigham Brothers, Inc.
Lubbock, Texas