[ic] Urgent GDBM.pm problem.

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 5 06:47:00 2003

> I've been happily running interchange for a couple of months now. My
> server crashed this morning and when I rebooted it i get the following
> message
>
> Interchange V4.8.6
> Configuring catalog merchandise...merchandise config error: Could not
> tie to '/home/interchange/catalogs/merchandise/products/variable.gdbm':
> Permission denied at /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line
> 115, <CONFIG> line 9.
>
> I have three catalogs and all three give the same message. nothing has
> changed as far as i'm aware.
>
> I've tried restoring from backup, but this doesn't help.
>
> After searching the news group i have changed the permissions on the
> /usr/local/interchange directory to the interchange user & group but
> still no luck.
>
> The log files do not tell me anything.
>
> Can anyone help?

Changing the Interchange core program ownership would not make any
difference.

Please check the permissions and ownership of the products directory of each
catalog and report back. Also, if these are writable by interch then you
could delete the offending .gdbm files and restart which will recreate them
from the .txt file.

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net