[ic] FYI - *****UPS Ground Residential Code Change*****

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 5 13:54:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 13:21, Matt Kerner wrote:
> Is anybody else having trouble with UPS ground?  I just finished
> setting up a site and I'm unable to get UPS Ground Residential to show
> up in the shipping options.  When I make the change mentioned below in
> the shipping interface the value never changes.  Where is this actually
> stored?
>
> Thanks,
> Kerner
>
> On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 08:45 AM, Kevin Old wrote:
>
> > After researching on the UPS site, it seems they've changed the GRDRES
> > code to GRD.
> >
> > A quick fix is to recreate a UPS Residential shipping method and change
> > the "Name of the method" from GRDRES to GRD.
> >
> > This works for me and didn't require any behind the scenes coding
> > changes.

Matt,

It's funny you should write about this as I'm setting up a new catalog
and have just solved the mystery again this morning.

What I did, was edit the products/shipping.asc file changing the lines
(there should be 3) that start with GNDRES.  Change each "GNDRES" to
"GND".  They should look like this when you're done.  You'll have to
change the origin zip, weight, etc.

GND     UPS Ground Residential  weight  0       0       e Nothing to
ship!              {'origin' => "29708",'ui_ship_type' =>
"UPSE:GND",'ups' => "1",'at_least' => "0.5",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
GND     UPS Ground Residential  weight  0       150     f [ups-query
mode=GND weight="@@TOTAL@@" origin="29708"]
{'PriceDivide' => "1",}
GND     UPS Ground Residential  weight  150     9999999 e Too heavy for
UPS             {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

Hope this helps,
Kevin
--