[ic] 4.9.7 and remote secure domain - one small step away

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 11 07:36:00 2003

>> I have IC running on my primary domain with its own SSL cert and all is
>> well. I have a second domain hosted on the same machine and I want to
>> use the primary domain for the secondary domain's SecureURL. I know
>> that's not an "oficially" supported setup but I do have it wokring
>> exepct for one samll issue. I got this far by using "AlwaysSecure
>> order ord/checkout ord/basket logout login change_password process" in
>> catalog.cfg, and by adding symlinks from the primary domain to the
>> secondary domain for the cgi-bin and www directories.
>>
>> On the second domain's IC site, everything works perfectly as long as I
>> only add items to the cart from the item's flypage. If I add an item to
>> the cart from the Buy button on the results page, that item drops from
>> the cart when I go to check out. It's as if there are 2 carts... one
>> secure and one non-secure.
>>
>> My queston is, how can I modify the buy button on the results page to
>> work like the one on an item's flypage? I'm using the foundation demo.

> In the results.html page, or results_buylist (if you use a recent version)
> change
>
> <FORM ACTION="[area nothing]" METHOD=POST>

> <FORM ACTION="[area ord/basket]" METHOD=POST>
>
> that will put items of the buy list directly into basket (secure), and solve
> your problem.
>

> David
> dzhang@msihosting.com
> http://www.msihosting.com
> Expert -- ecommerce solution, interchange hosting

Thanks.. that worked as long as I entered a number into the Qty field.
If I left Qty empty nothing was added to the cart. So I just set the
default Qty to 1 and I'm all set. Thanks again!

DB