[ic] Photo store howto...

Marco Simonelli interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 11 18:48:01 2003

Hi to everybody, I'm new to Interchange but I've been reading and
pondering for a while and I couldn't figure out some things by myself.
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out somehow.

I'm trying to create a store for photo prints using Interchange. My
customers will be redirected from my main website to a Interchange page
called photogallery.html which I've created, where they will be
prompted with the login screen.

FIRST PROBLEM: how do I modify the login.html page so to allow access
to photogallery.html? Right now, after login, I receive the error
message: sorry the /special_pages/missing was not found, or it
redirects me to customerservice.html

SECOND PROBLEM: how do I grab the username from the login page and use
it to make a search in products.txt for all products in
category=username and display them in the photogallery.html page? I was
thinking about building a component that would fit in the LEFT area,
instead of the "vertical category list" that would show just the
thumbnails.
I'm going to create a product category for each customer (using their
username as the name of the category) and have their photos to be the
products so that when they login, they will be able to see only their
own photos.

Is it too complicated? Am I asking too much? I would be happy just with
a tip on where to find something similar to better understand the code
and tags I'll be using.

Thank you very much

Marco