[ic] Enabling SSL

dzhang-msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Mar 11 20:58:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Minton" <steve.minton@btinternet.com>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 1:56 PM
Subject: [ic] Enabling SSL

> I am implenting interchange 4.8.7 and have the foundation store running.
>
> We have just acquired a test SSL certificate which runs off our own domain
name.

> I am trying to enable the SSL cert on the foundation store, and have run
through the wizard in the administration section to try to enable it there.
This appears to work, but upon testing no redirect to a https protocol is
made through the purchase process.

> Do I need to modify any of the cfg files? Likewise am I missing something
extremely simple?

Did you put your secure server explicitly?

Look at your variable.txt, there should be 2 lines like these:

SECURE_SERVER   https://your_secure_server        Directories and Paths

and

SECURE_ENABLE   1       General

Setting the two lines like above will enable your SSL.

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
http://www.msihosting.com
expert -- ecommerce solution, interchange hosting