[ic] Enabling SSL

D Zhang - msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 12 23:16:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Lavin" <joshua@kingdomdesign.com>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] Enabling SSL

> On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 08:20  PM, dzhang-msi wrote:
>
> > SECURE_ENABLE   1       General
>
> What does SECURE_ENABLE do? Mine is blank where the '1' would go, and
> yet SSL works fine. I can't find this variable in the docs.
>
> Josh

in the catelog.cfg came with foundation, there are following lines:

#==========================================================================#

# The URLs which are written to refer back to our catalog.

ParseVariables  Yes

VendURL    http://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__
SecureURL  __SECURE_SERVER____CGI_URL__

ifndef SECURE_ENABLE
SecureURL  http://__SERVER_NAME____CGI_URL__
endif

# Set the image path for relative images
ImageDir          __IMAGE_DIR__/
ImageDirInternal  http://__SERVER_NAME____IMAGE_DIR__/

#==========================================================================#

I think that is what SECURE_ENABLE for. So, your SSL may work fine if the
above "ifndef .. endif" is removed, or altered. Some admin wizard pages also
use the variable

lib/UI/pages/admin/wizard/do_launch.html:enablesecure        =>
'SECURE_ENABLE',
lib/UI/pages/admin/wizard/do_save.html:    SECURE_ENABLE          =>
'Security',
lib/UI/pages/admin/wizard/do_save.html:enablesecure        =>
'SECURE_ENABLE',
lib/UI/pages/include/meta/mv_metadata.asc:variable::Variable::SECURE_ENABLE
yesno

That's what I can tell from practical use point of view. Mike or some other
icgroup members can give you answer from programing point of view, and why
it's not documented.

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
Expert -- ecommerce solution, interchange hosting