[ic] email address as username regexp validation

Naomi Taylor interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Mar 14 14:11:01 2003

Hello all-

Through this forum's archives and IC docs, I've discovered how to use an email address
for a username by putting the following lines in my catalog.cfg:

UserDB    default    indirect_login  email
UserDB    default    assign_username 1
UserDB    default    ignore_case     1

My question now, is how do you validate that new email/username field when a new user is
signing up so that it only accepts valid email addresses?  I know of:

UserDB  default  username_mask   REGEXP_HERE

But that regexp needs to match invalid email addresses.  I've been unable to find a
regexp online that already does the validation that way; usually they test for valid
email addresses.  In the interest of saving time in creating a new regexp, I was hoping
someone on this list already created this regexp and could post it here.  Alternately, is
there another way I should be doing this validation?  I really appreaciate your help
here.

thanks!

Naomi