[ic] Error

Randy Moore interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 17 14:37:00 2003

At 09:09 PM 3/17/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>At 03:17 PM 3/17/2003 +1100, you wrote:
> >I am sure this must have been answered before but I have not been able to
> >find
> >a deffinite answer:
> >
> >I get  "server error 500" message when accessing a design tab in the admin
> >section.
> >
> >Is the only solution to this problem downgrading Apache and Perl?
> >I'm running RedHat 8.0
>
>What version of Interchange?
>
>Version 4.8.7. Would an upgrade to 4.9.7 resolve this problem?

Check your store error.log file.  If you are getting error messages that
include "Could not lock file: Interrupted system call", then upgrading to
4.9.7 will NOT help.  This problem seems to be tied to Perl 5.8.0 not to
the version of Interchange.

I've had this problem with several different 4.9.x versions, including a
recent CVS snapshot, on a Redhat 8.0 server with Perl 5.8.0.

Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net
phone   301-408-1200