[ic] products upload

Chris Snow interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Mar 21 15:50:00 2003

I have a customer that would like to upload their sheet music catalog to
interchange on a regular basis (it's not possible to run interchange
directly off of their database).  There interchange catalog is running on
mysql.  I have created a perl script to do the loading.

The loading process works by first deleting all the sheet music products in
interchange (about 3000) and then inserting the new catalog.  Should the
catalog be taken offline during the loading process to prevent customers
selecting products that may well be deleted by the time they checkout?

If the catalog should be taken offline, how could this be done
automatically?

Thanks,

Chris