[ic] calculating price from discount group

Naomi Taylor interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Mar 21 17:00:01 2003

--- 10/2002 --
>There isn't much info about how discount group is used except that it is in
>the
>pricing->price_group table field.  Can some IC guru explain this please as I
>have
>+200 discount groups that needs to be mapped to the product->catagory field
>and I see no easy way of doing this.
>
>Thanks
>Dennis

I saw this in the mailing list archives, but I didn't see a response.  Did you ever get
one or end up figuring price_group out yourself?

For the site I'm working on, we're looking to price products for 5 different groups of
users.  So for the same product there will be one set of the usual array of prices:
price, sale price, quantity prices, etc. for each of the 5 groups.  I was thinking I
could use pricing.price_group to differentiate between groups, adjusting that table so
the primary key is sku + price_group.  Then I'd adjust the pricing tab in admin to be
able to input all these additional values.  Can anyone see problems with that approach?
Has anyone else used multi-tiered pricing like this?  Is there an easier solution that
I'm missing?  I really appreciate your help.

thanks,
    Naomi