[ic] Totals not correct

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Mar 22 22:59:01 2003

> From: Matt Kerner
>
> We're having two consistent problems with Interchange and the totals
of
> orders.
>
> 1. The order total does not include shipping (it is calculated, but
not
> added to the subtotal).
> 2. The order total includes shipping, but only the subtotal gets
billed
> at the credit gateway.
>
> I've been unable to find anything in the logs that would tell me what
> is causing this problem.  Does anybody have an idea?  This is very
> frustrating because it seems to happen on orders with expensive
> shipping.
>
> Thanks,
> Kerner

Kerner,

Are you using UPS or FedEx online lookup for the shipping?  If you are
then the problem is with your server contacting UPS or FedEx.  What
happens is the shipping is calculated every time a subtotal, shipping or
total tag is in a page.  So the person sees the correct shipping (the
server was contacted) then when the order is being stored in the
database or displayed on the receipt or mailed report your server cannot
reach UPS/FedEx so shipping is set to 0.  The only way I know of to get
past this, short of making IC use a cache for the shipping value or
force IC to try multiple times, is to use static tables which reside on
your server.  We went to that method for one of our clients after UPS
went down for an entire day.

Good luck,
-Ron