[ic] Order routing, custom order numbers and receipt.

Janie Mehew interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Mar 24 18:11:01 2003

Hello,

I have set up two possible order routes that an order can go through,
and which one it goes through is determined by which button the user
hits on the checkout page. I have different counters set for each
route, because the order numbering is different depending on which
route the user chooses. This has all been working smoothly, except for
one problem. For the route that has a counter that is not the counter
defined in OrderCounter in catalog.cfg, the correct order number shows
up everywhere EXCEPT on the receipt page. The receipt page shows the
order number that it would be if the order had gone via the other route.

Here is the bit of the route that is causing the problem. As you can
see, it is based mostly on the route comes with the catalog.cfg, with
some small changes:

Route quote  <<EOF
         master            1
         counter           etc/quote.number
         supplant          1
         encrypt           0
         attach            0
         credit_card       0
         default           0
         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
         receipt           etc/quote.html
         report            etc/quote_report
         individual_track  quotes
         track             logs/tracking.asc
EOF

The quote_report shows the order number from quote.number. tracking.asc
also shows the correct order number. But, quote.html returns the order
number from the other counter file when [value mv_order_number] is
called.

I have tried not defining OrderCounter, but that screwed up the other
route as well so there must be another way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Janie