[ic] SQL query

Michael interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 26 14:26:01 2003

Hi folks.

Is it possable to have more than one sql statement in a [query] tag?
I have a table I am inserting data into where the key is defined as
auto_increment.  After that insert, I wanted to use the MySql
last_insert_id() function to grab the abovementioned key value for
use elsewhere.  The MySql last_insert_id() fcn is valid on a per connection
basis, and I am assuming (danger!) that the [query ...] ... [/query]
container pair opens the connection, does its thing, then closes the
connection.  (I can think of a few other places where multiple SQL statements
per connection can be useful to me as well.

I can also work around this too...

Box is Linux 2.4.20, IC ver 4.9.5, DBD.pm is v 11.11, DBD::mysql is v1.6,
MySql v3.23.36, IC template is ground-up mine.

Thanks

Michael.