[ic] Item Option - Weights not adding at checkout or in cart!

Chuck Adams interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 26 20:30:00 2003

I am using IC 4.9.3 on a Red Hat 7.2 server with a site originally created
in 4.8.7 and upgraded to 4.9

I have a cart built using simple options and have edited the options weights
and prices to be "non-zero" for every option.

For example:

Weights -> PM06=35.0, PM12=35.0, PE06=35.0, PE12=35.0
Prices -> PM06=360.00, PM12=395.00, PE06=525.00, PE12=550.00

When selection PM06 is chosen it should add 360.00 to the price (it does)
and 35.0 to the weight (it does not)

The item options show up in drop down boxes on the cart and checkout pages,
and the as mentioned above, "configured" item's cost increases as options &
features are selected, but the configured item's weight in not increased
accordingly. I've read the mail-list, this forum and
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/ till I'm blue... but to no avail.

Option weights seem to be a persistent problem for several folks.

Question #1: Can adding option weights be made to work for "simple"
options? If so, do you have a code example?

Question #2: If not, can Perl be inserted in the page to calculate the
option weight - if so are there code examples?

Question #3: If not, should I consider moving to modular options? Will
weights work there? Do you have code examples?

The cart can be found at
http://www.aboveboardmfg.com/~aboveboa/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html

Thanks in advance.

Chuck Adams