[ic] accessing search vars in results page

Josh Lavin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Mar 26 20:49:00 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 04:02  PM, Joshua Rusch wrote:

> Is there a way to way to access the search variables I used in the
> results page?
> Say I have a url like this
> /scan/se=mysearch/sf=category.html
> and I want to grab what I used for mv_search_field.
>
> I've tried [value mv_search_field] and it just spits out an asterisk.
> Do I have to grab and parse the url?
>
> Thanks,
>
> josh

I don't know how to access the search field, but you can set an
mv_value and then use that in your results page.

In mine, I put "va=head=Anything I want" in the one-click search, and
my results page says "[value-extended name=head index=0]". If you have
more than one value, you can use the index parameter to choose the one
you want, starting at 0 for the first.

Josh