[ic] creating content in subdirectory using admin ui

Naomi Taylor interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 1 11:54:01 2003

> > > 4.9.???
> > >
> > > could be a bug in the early versions or 4.9. my 4.9.7 works...
> > and could be
> > > permissions too, but I doubt it. Are you superuser? you may need to be
> > > superuser... but yes, it does work in the way you described
> > your attempt.
> > >
> > > Paul
> > Thanks for checking Paul.  Good to hear it works for you.  That
> > means it should
> > work for me too.  My version in full is: 4.9.7-200302220658
> >
> > And just to be clearer, I get this error message when I click "publish" no
> > matter what's on the page itself:
> >
> > *	content_modify: op publish failed for page health/topic2.html
> >
> > I tried our custom template which it eventually will need.  And I
> > also tried a
> > template that came with IC.  I tried with and without content in the main
> > content area.  No components.  All situations gave me the same
> > error.  But I
> > remove the slash in the name and it publishes just fine.
> >
> > It's most likely not permissions since I have never received a
> > permission error
> > and I have clicked around to everything.
> >
> > Any ideas on how I can fix this?
> >
> > thanks,
> >     Naomi
>

> Naomi,
>
> If you remember... please try to respond >below< the thread... it is much
> appreciated. Can you supply what your error.log says? I am sure something
> helpful will be in there.
>
> Paul

(Sorry!  Here I am below the thread now.)

You are of course right that the error.log would tell me what is going on.  I
should have thought of that, but didn't.  And you are also right that it is
permissions:

>  file '>pages/health/topic2.html': Permission denied
> to write this data:
(page contents)

That health/ folder is indeed missing the critical group write perms.  Thank
you Paul!

--Naomi