[ic] search.0 interpolation

Thu May 1 15:56:01 2003

Quoting Joshua Rusch (josh@strongwords.org):
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build a coordinated search on the fly in IC 4.9.7
>
> [area search="[scratch scanparam]"] works fine for me, but when I do
> something like
> [area search.0="[scratch scanparam]" search.1="sf=category
> se=a"]
> [scratch scanparam] is not interpolated, which breaks my search.
>
> Is there anything I am doing wrong, have I hit a bug in my particular
> version, or is this just not possible?

It is just not possible. This is, though:

   [area search.0=`$Scratch->{scanparam}` search.1="sf=category/se=a"]

Those are backticks, not single quotes.

(All assuming this works with a literal [scratch scanparam] substituted.)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.