[ic] matrix options problems

Jim Boyer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 1 16:53:00 2003

 >  >Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
 >  >> I am trying to get matrix options working with sku's in the products
 >  >> database.  I have read and read and tried many different variations, but
 >  >> nothing seems to work.  Here is my last attempt in modifying the options
 >  >> table.  I turned the table sideways to fit in the email.  The first
part is
 >  >> the IC setup that works with it's own code.  The second I change the
code
 >  >> field to point to a sku in the products table.  The first one works
fine,
 >  >> but when I change the codes I do not get a select list.  These are
the only
 >  >> fields that are not empty in the options table.
 >  >>
 >  >> I have read that people have got this working, but I am sure missing
 >  >> something here.  I am running with RH 7.3, MySQL 3.23.54, IC 4.9.7, perl
 >  >> 5.6.1 .
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >Suggest you change your "options" table to match the 4.9.7 ones from
 >  >foundation, and add the "variant" table. Then add a field "option_type"
 >  >in the products table, and put in catalog.cfg:
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >        OptionsEnable   option_type
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >At that point the UI should work well for the Matrix type.
 >  >
 >  >
 >  >It would be good to update to the latest 4.9.7 from nightly_build,
 >  >too.
 >  >

 >I am afraid I don't know what you mean by that. If you mean that it
 >won't order a variant, you also need to change the ProductFiles
 >setting to "products variants", and I did forget to mention that.
 >
 >This sometimes is in catalog.cfg and sometimes in etc/after.cfg in the
 >foundation. If you have a stock foundation with the "tools" sample
 >data, you would just change "options" to "variants" in etc/after.cfg.

I am using a tool demo store created with the nightly build of
4/30/03.  The etc/after.cfg has
ProductFiles   products variants
and
OptionsEnable option_type

I have added four items to the product table for testing.  The problem is
when I setup my tables as I showed in the previous message, IC translates
the item from
MG0014 to MG0014-M-MG0014.

MG0014-M is my master item that MG0014 - MG0016 are supposed to be options
relating to it.  MG0014-M as well as MG0014 - MG0016 are all in the
products table.

Where am I going wrong in getting the options to return the correct product
number when I choose from the select list.

Thanks for the help,
Jim Boyer
Systems Programmer
Information Dept
College of Agriculture and Home Economics
Washington State University