[ic] dynamic quantity pricing formula

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 2 16:13:01 2003

> The catalog I am trying to set up has the following formula for pricing;
>
> Cost per unit x Quantity  x 1.25 + $11.00 = Price
>
> So, for example, based on the retailer's cost of $5.00 the price for 1
> item would be $17.25, 2 items would be $23.50, 3 items is $29.75, etc.
>
> I've read through the material on pricing and I'm at a loss on how to
> implement this. I seem to recall seeing something about using formulas
> in the price field, but I'm finding it a bit difficult to locate
> information in the documentation.

Go to the Interchange Developers Resource and search for CommonAdjust for
pricing. However, this is usually used for setting individual prices.

How do you intend to display an individual price?

I would build in the +$11.00 as a handling charge on the cart page. Go to
the IDR and do a search for 'mv_handling'.

good luck!

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net