[ic] dynamic quantity pricing formula

Scott Goodman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 2 16:59:00 2003

>>The catalog I am trying to set up has the following formula for pricing;
>>
>>Cost per unit x Quantity  x 1.25 + $11.00 = Price
>>
>>So, for example, based on the retailer's cost of $5.00 the price for 1
>>item would be $17.25, 2 items would be $23.50, 3 items is $29.75, etc.
>>
>>I've read through the material on pricing and I'm at a loss on how to
>>implement this. I seem to recall seeing something about using formulas
>>in the price field, but I'm finding it a bit difficult to locate
>>information in the documentation.
>>

>Go to the Interchange Developers Resource and search for CommonAdjust for
>pricing. However, this is usually used for setting individual prices.
>
>How do you intend to display an individual price?
>
>I would build in the +$11.00 as a handling charge on the cart page. Go to
>the IDR and do a search for 'mv_handling'.

The individual prices will display the result of the calculation, the
prices on the results/catalog display would be the base price (quantity
1) and in the cart would included the selected quantity. I am storing
the cost per unit in the products table, so to clarify, the fomula for
any particular product would be:

item's cost per unit x Quantity x 1.25 + $11 = Price for the item

Each product would have this formula individually applied to yield the
final price for the item.

I checked the docs for CommonAdjust and only find a short description
and a note to "See Chained pricing". A search for chained pricing yields
no results in the docs :(

Thanks for the help so far. I'll go try and dig something up on
CommonAdjust/Chained pricing. Can anyone point me to a clear example or
reference in the documentation?

Regards,
Scott Goodman