[ic] Calculating saletax for individual items

Andy Mayer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 2 17:26:03 2003

Hi,

I have setup 4.9.6 to use UK VAT. My country tax setup and item's
tax_category are been correctly used when the cart calculates the total
salestax for all items in the cart.

But I would like to know what the salestax value is for each
*individual* item rather than just for the whole cart (as displayed by
[salestax]). Basically, I want to modify the flypage and search results
to display the full price including tax. So my question is: Is there a
built-in way to access the applicable tax for an individual item? Or do
I have to write a UserTag [price-with-tax] that does the lookup using
tax_category and parse the tax field from the country table?

Thanks again for a first class product!

Andy