[ic] account & checkout pages keep refreshing, not submitting

Scott Goodman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri May 2 18:04:01 2003

Webmaster -- Keith Saddle Shop wrote:

>I am setting up Interchange by modifying the demo foundation store. The
>problem is.
>
>When a user creates a new account, it gets to the part where you enter
>your address, etc. - but, when you click "save acct. info" the page just
>refreshes, keeping the info filled in. BUT. if you have an item in the
>shopping basket, and you click "save & checkout", it does take you to
>the checkout.
>
>Also, the checkout does the same thing. Even if you enter all the
>necessary information and click "place order", it just refreshes the
>page, keeping all the info the way it was. On top of that, I have it set
>up to add Ohio sales tax - the warning message comes up, you click Ok,
>and then click "refresh", but it just refreshes the page just like all
>the other times and does not change the price.

I am having different, but similar issues with the new account page.
This is with IC 4.9.7. It seems okay in the latest 4.8. It seems in
4.9.7 any refresh of the new account info page takes you back to the
previous checkout page. For example, if you change the country the page
refreshes you back the previous page, the only difference being that you
are now logged in. In 4.8 it refreshes the new account page, showing
just the shipping/billing address, as it seems it should.  This is also
the case with the "Save acct info": In the 4.8 demo it refreshes until
you complete the form correctly. In 4.9 it throws you back to the

Are you also using 4.9.x? I initially started this project with the
latest 4.8, but some posts in the archives convinced me to go with 4.9.
It seems this was a mistake, 4.9 seems to contain a few weird problems I
have run into which do not exist in the latest 4.8. Time to switch back
I guess.

Scott