[ic] Deleting Shipping Addresses

Fri May 2 22:48:01 2003

Quoting Mark Bryant (mark@vwe.net):
> Hi Folks,
>
> I apologise if someone has asked this before, but after a good dig around
> on google and the IC main site, I've found myself stumped as to how to add
> the capability to remove shipping addresses users have stored to the
> shipping_addresses.html page.
>
> I'm using IC 4.8.7 from an rpm install on Red Hat 7.3 with Perl 5.6.1 and
> have installed and used the foundation demo and store rpms too. I notice
> the ability to remove shipping addresses is also absent from the foundation
> demo store so there's nothing to refer to.
>
> I can see a page called shipping_addresses_removed.html, but I don't seem
> to be able to construct any kind of direct URL or code on
> shipping_addresses.html that calls it correctly to delete a shipping
> address entry. The weird thing is that shipping_addresses_removed.html
> claims success each time but actually does nothing.

That is actually a non-functional page left over from a *way* early version
of Interchange. I am surprised it has stayed there this long....

The way to do it is:

	[userdb function=delete_shipping nickname="EntryName"]

You could do a page pretty easy:

[set page_title]Delete shipping addresses[/set]
[set members_only]1[/set]

@_LEFTONLY_TOP_@

[if session arg]
	[userdb function=delete_shipping nickname="[data session arg]"]
[/if]

[loop list="[userdb function=get_shipping_names show=1]"]
[page @@MV_PAGE@@ [loop-code]]Delete <i>[loop-code]</i> shipping address</A><BR>
[/loop]

@_LEFTONLY_BOTTOM_@

I think the user feedback has become overwhelming that we need to improve the
address handling in the Interchange UserDB. We have a volunteer to do it,
and a good starting point might be the addresses tag provided by Paul
Jordan.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown