[ic] interchange catalog users??

Mon May 5 07:48:01 2003

Quoting Rick Bragg (rbragg@rickbragg.net):
> Hi,
>
> I thought you could tell makecat what user the catalog was to run as.
> I am using suexec and have many different catalog users. How do I
> configure a catalog to run as a different user than interch?
>
> What ever happened to :
>    permtype? [G] M
>    InterchangeUser? [interch]
>    CatUser?
>    InterchangeGroup?
> in makecat??

I think you misunderstand. That all has to do with who owns the
files -- it has nothing to do with what user each individual catalog
runs as.

The Interchange daemon will always run as one user ID. Whether it
can access the appropriate files depends completely on your operating
system permissions.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon