[ic] matrix options problems

Jim Boyer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 5 15:04:01 2003

 > Message: 25
 > Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 11:54:09 -0400
 > From: Mike Heins <mike@perusion.com>
 > To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
 > Subject: Re: [ic] matrix options problems

 > Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
 >  >  >Quoting Jim Boyer (boyerj@wsu.edu):
 >  >  >> I am trying to get matrix options working with sku's in the products
 >  >  >> database.  I have read and read and tried many different
variations, but
 >  >  >> nothing seems to work.  Here is my last attempt in modifying the
options
 >  >  >> table.  I turned the table sideways to fit in the email.  The first
 > part is
 >  >  >> the IC setup that works with it's own code.  The second I change the
 > code
 >  >  >> field to point to a sku in the products table.  The first one works
 > fine,
 >  >  >> but when I change the codes I do not get a select list.  These are
 > the only
 >  >  >> fields that are not empty in the options table.
 >  >  >>
 >  >  >> I have read that people have got this working, but I am sure missing
 >  >  >> something here.  I am running with RH 7.3, MySQL 3.23.54, IC
4.9.7, perl
 >  >  >> 5.6.1 .
 >  >  >
 >  >  >

 > You can't just create arbitrary part numbers with that option type
 > unless you get it precisely right and you make sure you set the
 > display_type field in options to "one".
 >

 > Can you look at the os28066 example in foundation/products/variants.txt and
 > foundation/products/options.txt and emulate that?

The difference between the example os28066 in the demo store and what I am
trying to
do is the demo store does not reference back to individual items in the
products table.  For example, there is not a sku in the products table for
the wood
handle versus the ebony handle.  My requirement is that different sizes of
shirts will
all have different and actual real sku's in the product table.

I guess I need to somehow figure out how to translate the variant value to
a real
sku in the product table.

I hope this makes sense.
Jim Boyer
Systems Programmer
Information Dept
College of Agriculture and Home Economics
Washington State University