[ic] Interchange, perl and RH9

localhost interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 5 16:43:00 2003

Rene Hertell wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>Does anybody have a good how-to about installing interchante on RH9?
>>
>>There are so many issues, I tried installing perl 5.6.1, and that went
>>somewhat OK except it broke my ablility to use vi! It also broke things
>>with up2date! It most likly broke many other things as well. I would
>>rather go back to perl 5.8, is there a way to disable threads?  It just
>>seems that none of the rpm's are made to work with RH9.
>>
>>Rick
>

> Did you install Perl from a tarball?
>
> Rene

Thanks for the response!  Well, I was hoping to just disable threads in
perl 5.8, and still somehow use the rpm. so... not yet!
I just un-installed all the rpm's from perl 5.6, so now i'm hangin!!

My next thing will be doing all tarball installs of perl 5.8, and
interchange, I was really hoping for usable rpm's! I should have stuck
with RH7.3!

If anyone has any more advice on this issue PLEASE BUTT IN!!

Thanks
Rick