[ic] What would be required to move from 4.8.7 to 4.9.?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon May 5 21:06:00 2003

On 6 May 2003 at 9:48, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Hi All
> I have a nice stable 4.8.7 on RH 7.3 + Perl 5.6.1
> Originally a 4.8.5 install which has been updated to 4.8.6 then 4.8.7.
> It is a while ago but I believe I installed the 4.8.5 using RPMs as have the
> updates.
> A few questions:
> Would I be able to install 4.9.? without affecting my 4.8.7?
> Can they both run at same time? ie have sites on each.
> What is going to break moving the 4.8.7 site across?
> it is 99% foundation demo at the moment.
> Regards
> _______________________________________
> Andrew Rich
> Maps Downunder
> Ph: +61 3 9748 0422 Fax: +61 3 9748 0422
> <<mailto:andrew@mapsdownunder.com.au>>
> <<http://www.mapsdownunder.com.au/>>

I just upgraded and everything on the frontend works fine. There were some issues with
the admin but nothing that couldn't be fixed. For example the orderline status page
wasn't functioning properly so I just used the page from 4.8.7. All I did to upgrade was
to backup ic completely (catalogs + source + settings) and used the rpm upgrade
option. I did have to remove the history scan usertag from the old catalog.cfg files. No
other problems, so far. How ever you do this just make sure you backup your current
information.

Regards,
Gurs