[ic] bandwidth requirements/server sizing

Chris Snow interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 6 11:20:01 2003

Does anyone have any information that may help me understand bandwidth
requirements and to specify server sizing for an IC 4.8.7 server?

I will most likely be running debian 3.0r1 on i386 architecture.

Any feedback will be appreciated, ideally:

'We have one/X catalog(s) that experiences X page requests/second, typically
our bandwidth requirements are X Mbps.  We are running X os, on a X Ghz
single processor with X Gb ram, and SCSI/IDE RAID/non-RAID harddisk that
have average read seek time of X milliseconds'

TIA.

Chris