[ic] disable user login

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 6 13:53:01 2003

>> >My client wants customers to place orders without loging in.  How
can I
>> >setup IC so that each visit is treated as though the visitor and
visit
>> is
>> >anonymous?
>> >
>> >TIA.
>> >
>> >Chris
>>

>> The default foundation setup does not require users to login in order
>> purchase. Therefore, you should not need to make any changes.
>>
>> If you would like to take away the login/account information, I think
>> the only place it shows up by default is on the ord/checkout.html
page.
>> Just remove the user login associated HTML and you should be ready to
>> go.

>Hi Michael,
>
>I've removed (commented out) the login html, but the next time I place
>test order, IC remembers the address from the test order that I placed
>previously.  Ideally, I would like to remove this functionality.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Chris

Chris, please bottom-quote responses to emails so that people can more
easily follow the threads in the future.

If you are referring to the fact that IC automatically fills in the
fields on the checkout page, you can remove this functionality by
removing the "value=[value xxx]" from the HTML input fields.

For instance, change the text field for First Name from:
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME=fname VALUE="[value fname]" size="20"
maxlength="20">

to:
<INPUT TYPE=text NAME=fname size="20" maxlength="20">

The only problem with this of course is that if the form needs to
refreshed during checkout (when people press recalculate, for
server-side form validation, etc.), that the fields will need to be
re-entered each time.

Since I don't know your situation well enough it is hard to offer better
advice.

Maybe you could try setting the values for all of the form elements to
"" on the cart page. That way, when people go to the cart page, it will
reset the values stored in session before they get to the checkout page.
This will allow the values on the checkout page to be blank on initial

HTH