[ic] Shipping woes

Jamie Neil interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue May 6 18:09:00 2003

Just when I think I've got this thing sussed, it frustrates me again :(

I've got a Usertag which adds VAT onto all the displayed prices in my
catalog (it's a consumer oriented site), and I can wrap it around just about
any tag I want (price, total etc.) by using the contained tag's noformat
option.

However I can't use it on tags which provide more complex output like the
shipping tag when it is used to generate an options list. This means that
when the customer gets to the checkout, the shipping entry in the basket
says "£10" (using the VAT tag), but the select box for changing the shipping
says "£8.51" for the same shipping type.

Short of writing my own shipping tag or embedding a fair chunk of code in
the shipping page, can anyone think of a simple solution that I might have
missed?

Maybe it would be useful to include the option to display prices with tax in
the relevent system tags (price, shipping, total etc.)? Or am I alone in
needing this kind of functionality?

Jamie Neil
Versado I.T. Services Ltd.