[ic] Apply Changes doesn't work

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed May 7 18:58:01 2003

>Hi,
>
>I have a few catelogs, and one of them (upgraded from 4.6 or somthing)
>the "Apply Changes" button always times out with a warning. There isn't

>anything in the logs about it. I also noticed that this catalog starts
>up very slow when I restart interchange from a shell. The other
catalogs
>were built fresh from th new install of 4.8.7 and are fine. all
catalogs
>use mysql databases.
>
>Any idea?
>
>Thanks
>Rick

This is just a shot in the dark, but, did you alter the shipping methods
for that catalog? I seem to remember having similar problems with 4.6x
catalogs. One way to tell is to look at the size of the shipping.asc
file. I don't know if it was a bug in our setup or what, but
occasionally deleting certain shipping methods thorough the UI seemed to
corrupt the shipping.asc file and would make the file size 5+ MB. This
caused the same types of problems you mentioned above.

Again, this is a total guess :)