[ic] Accessing mv_sku value

Jamie Neil interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 8 07:28:00 2003

Can anyone explain why the following doesn't work:

                        [if type=explicit compare="[item-sku] ne
[item-code]"]
                                [query type=list sql=|select code,
description from variants where sku = '[item-sku]' and inactive != '1'|]
                                <select class="smalltext"
name="mv_sku[calc][item-increment]-1[/calc]">
                                [list]
                                        <option value="[sql-code]" [selected
mv_sku[calc][item-increment]-1[/calc] [sql-code]]>[sql-param description]
                                [/list]
                                </select>
                                [/query]
                        [/if]

It brings up a select box with all the required options in it (leaving out
the options which are inactive), gives the box the correct name "mv_skux"
(where x is basket position), and posts correctly when the page (basket) is
refreshed. However the select tag doesn't work.

The problem seems to be with accessing the mv_sku value because if I put a
[value name="mvsku[calc][item-increment]-1[/calc]"] tag into the page it
returns nothing (I've even tried just [value mv_sku0] which also returns
nothing). Does the value tag (and select tag) not allow access to "mv"
variables?

Jamie Neil
Versado I.T. Services Ltd.