[ic] SSL Internal Server Error 500

skip interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 8 10:25:59 2003

Here is the situation:

We took on a project to rebuild a website for a client. They were using
NetLedger for their eCommerce solution and we sold them on moving to
Interchange. We ordered a new domain name, installed interchange and built
the catalog. When all was said and done the decided they it was important to
maintain their current domain name, and they didn't want us to simply park
the old name on top of the new one, so I set up another hosting account and
redirected their domain name to a new account, I installed interchange, and
then I copied the catalog from the new domain to the old domain. (I used the
instructions from the archive to the best I could).

Everything now seems to work fine except for SSL. I installed the
certificate onto the site, went into my catalog.cfg file and changed the
address for the secure server from http: to https: and rebooted interchange.
I can browse and add things to my cart, but when I go to check out and
interchange attempts to switch to https: - I bomb out with an Internal
Server Error 500. I don't get anything related to this error in my
interchange or catalog error logs.

As expected, my hosting company said that they can't support my third party
shopping cart software and that I was tough out of luck. They did however
say that my SSL certificate is correctly installed and functional. I have
also verified it is functional outside of Interchange (https://mydomain.com
works fine). The only problem is when I attempt to use SSL within
interchange.

Any ideas? I searched the archive and didn't find anything that seemed to
help.

Thanks,
Andy Melichar
Rebel2 Studios