[ic] setting up IC cron to run ITL

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 8 12:15:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:40, Aaron Hazelton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see that back on 8/12/02 the 'Cron' feature was added to IC
> to run ITL 'without the hassles of having to deal with HTTP'.
>
> The only reference I can find to it is in the 'whatsnew' file.
> And, it looks like the stuff to run is to be put into etc/cron
> directory of IC.
>
> However, I am unclear on exactly how to set this up.  Has anyone
> already done some cron jobs that they could perhaps share? Or
> is there some new doc info in the works on this feature that I
> can look at?
>
> I did a 'grep' on the latest nightly build also, but yielded no
> info on the setup of this feature.
Aaron,

I asked about this last week and received this example from Stefan
Hornburg (racke).  Below is his response:

catalog.cfg =>
Jobs base_directory jobs

jobs/lists/components =>
WRITING COMPONENTLIST:
[perl tables='catnames company component price']
$Tag->write_relative_file({file => 'html/xls/test1.zip',
body => $Tag->componentlist ({format=>'TAB', company=>'', fields=>'idf
process partnumber description manufacturer package datecode sellunit
count remarks'})});[/perl]

Execute the job

interchange --runjobs=matstock=lists

Hope this helps,