[ic] Interchange OS ready

localhost interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu May 8 15:14:01 2003

Miguel Navarro wrote:
> What is the latest working copy of interchange and OS combination?
>
> In 4.8.7, the design page doesn't work period.
> In 4.8.6, it complains about the "do" function in the "field_settor"
> subroutine when you display or click on any item in the design page. When
> you click on the "+" sign, it breaks. The "field_settor" function in 4.8.7
> is different than that of 4.8.6. When I try to cut and paste 4.8.7's version
> on 4.8.6, I get the same behavior as if I'm running 4.8.7; i.e.: the design
> page breaks with a 500 error.
> Interchange was not designed for RedHat 8.0. Perl 5.8 is required on Redhat
> 8.0 and it causes a 500 error for every version 4.8.5-7
> Does anyone have it working complete without errors on RedHat 8 or 9? If so
> what version are you running?
>
> Thanks in advance

I'm running RH9, interchange 4.8.7, perl 8.0 and Apache 2.
It took a bit to get it all working, but is seems OK other than some
quarky issues with a catalog that I imported from an oldder 4.6 (i
think) interchage.

First, I re-installed perl without threads. I did it from a tar install.
then all the perl moduals, I had an issue with LWP, until I reset the
$LANG variable to = en_US
Then I installed Interchange also from the tarball.

Hope it helps
Rick